Technical SEO Audits In Cleveland, Ohio
Even when your website is well-optimized, it may hide a variety of issues you shouldn’t ignore. Website audits provide a wealth of information about how your website is performing. Auditing your website helps improve search engine optimization (SEO), which increases your website’s visibility to web search engines and helps users find your website. Audits can also help reveal whether your content will successfully convert visitors into customers. Learn which parts of your website are working and which parts need improvement based on the results of an audit by an SEO professional with FREQUENCY27.
What Is a Technical SEO Audit?
A technical SEO audit fully analyzes page performance to ensure your site is primed for maximum SEO and conversion results. A detailed audit examines all aspects that affect your website’s visibility in search engines and the site’s overall performance. The results of an audit tell you which areas of your website require improvement, so you can fix any issues, boost SEO, achieve your web traffic goals, and enhance your marketing efforts. A comprehensive site audit evaluates many things, including:
- Content and structured data
- Mobile Accessibility
- Optimized content
- Page errors
- Page indexes
- Site Security
- Site speed
- Social signals
- User experience
What’s Involved In A Technical SEO Audit?
Site audits can explore a wide array of essential areas that tell you what’s working on your website, what’s falling short in performance, and what needs to be improved to increase your website ranking. Website audits can assess:
- General site health to evaluate the overall usability of your website, including page speed, load times, SEO, internal and external links, meta information, page titles, optimized photos, architecture, and numerous other factors.
- The architecture of your website’s entire structure, including its vertical depth, is also referred to as levels. This information tells you how many clicks it takes a user to access the information they’re seeking and evaluates how well pages are linked to others, so you can prioritize pages in the site’s hierarchy or architecture.
- Site performance to determine whether your site takes too long to load, which could cause users to leave your website or search engine crawlers to gather less information from your pages.
- URLs to determine whether they’re short enough to be user-friendly while including relevant keywords to effectively describe a web page’s content.
- Copywriting and SEO to analyze your site’s content performance and how it may impact traffic, such as duplicate content, incorrect anchor text, poor keyword use, keyword stuffing, broken links, and other factors.
- Conversion rate optimization helps you understand how visitors move through your website, what they do while on your site like purchasing products or filling out forms, and what keeps them from completing your desired goals.
- Google penalty and recovery uncovers issues with website speed or mobile performance by identifying penalties and solutions for site recovery.
- Competitor websites to learn what your competitors are doing on their websites, which helps you stay ahead in the industry and implement new digital marketing strategies.
- Site security to identify any vulnerabilities your website has for security breaches, so your sensitive business or customer information isn’t compromised.
Why Do I Need A Technical SEO Audit?
Site audits help set your website up for success and are essential to improve the efficiency and visibility of your site. Thorough audits help you improve your search engine ranking, and increase site traffic and performance, which provides an exceptional opportunity for online growth. They also provide the most effective way to correct errors, discrepancies, security issues, and more. When your site harbors issues, it could suffer from decreased traffic and customer conversions. It’s critical to perform regular site audits to identify any problems your website might have to ensure good user experiences and help your website reach its full potential.
What Are The Benefits Of A Technical SEO Audit?
Checking your website’s health and searching for SEO errors is essential to the site’s success. Site audits help you fix website errors quickly and boost search engine rankings. There are many other benefits of site audits, which include:
- Optimizing website performance to evaluate the robustness of your site’s content, technical performance, and infrastructure to ensure your website is easy to find by search engines and users can easily navigate through your content.
- Enhancing search engine optimization, so you can identify missed SEO opportunities and fix poorly executed SEO aspects, such as mediocre query choices or stuffing, redundant content, and inferior anchor text and linking. It also allows you to re-focus your SEO efforts, so you’re not continually searching for changes in search ranking algorithms.
- Optimizing conversion rates, so you can re-evaluate the effectiveness of your website’s lead generation and conversion, and spot previously overlooked opportunities, such as relevant CTAs and landing page deficiencies.
When Should You Conduct A Technical SEO Site Audit?
Performing regular site audits helps you stay on top of your website maintenance before it becomes too much to manage and ensure your digital marketing strategy stays on track. Audits are also the best way to confirm your website is doing exactly what you want it to do. While there isn’t a clear-cut rule on how often you should conduct site audits, certain situations might call for an unscheduled audit, such as when you’ve:
- Shifted your marketing strategy and want to ensure your content still aligns with your primary objectives.
- Suffered from search engine ranking issues and need to re-evaluate your website’s SEO.
- Redesigned your website and need a full SEO audit to ensure the new content is user-friendly and meets current trends and algorithms.
- Launched a new website design that requires an immediate SEO audit to ensure it meets optimal parameters.
- Learned of changes in search engine algorithms that require you to update your website in response and take advantage of the latest practices.
While these and other reasons should prompt an immediate site audit, don’t overlook the importance of routine audits to keep your site up to date. Routine audits can be especially important for content, which can contain inaccurate or outdated data if ignored for too long. Content that’s gone stale can cause your web traffic to tank, which hurts your website ranking. Fresh content keeps visitors returning and is vital for SEO purposes. If quarterly audits aren’t feasible, shoot for a minimum of once or twice per year.
How Can You Get A Technical SEO Site Audit?
Poorly performing websites that don’t take full advantage of current SEO practices can hurt or even destroy your business. Site audits help you discover how well your site and other sites are performing. You can get a site audit using a variety of tools and software, but website audits aren’t easy, especially if you’re not tech-savvy. Steer clear of free site audit tools that are often unreliable or fully capable of providing all the details you need. Premium audit tools come with varying price tags and capabilities, but again require you to have a certain level of technical know-how. Hiring a site audit and SEO expert is the easiest, most reliable way to ensure you receive the comprehensive site audits you need to succeed.
No matter the size of your company or project, FREQUENCY27 can help you maintain your website with a well-thought-out strategic approach that’s adaptable to the ever-changing world of SEO. Our budget-conscious approach and highly developed technical skills allow us to tackle all your website needs. We strive to enhance your online presence and boost your SEO, so your site is always heading in a positive direction.
Contact us to schedule a no-cost consultation to see if your website needs a site audit today.